Re: Alpha4 release blockers (was Re: wrapping up this CommitFest) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Alpha4 release blockers (was Re: wrapping up this CommitFest)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On tis, 2011-03-01 at 12:50 -0800, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Mar 1, 2011, at 12:35 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > * Collation-related changes still needed in contrib/citext.  If we don't
> > have this done before alpha4, I'm afraid we'll have to generate a 1.1
> > update script to fix it for alpha4 users.  I'd just as soon not deal
> > with that overhead.
>
> What needs to happen here, exactly? I'm ignorant about about the correlation changes, but need to learn, and of
courseam willing to help out with citext, especially if correlation support might make it better.

I think you just need to put something like

UPDATE pg_type SET typcollation = (SELECT oid FROM pg_collation WHERE
collname = 'default') WHERE typname = 'citext';

into the upgrade script.

The discussion last time was whether there should be ALTER TYPE support
for that, but I guess we settled on not bothering.