Re: REVIEW: Extensions support for pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: REVIEW: Extensions support for pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Dimitri Fontaine's message of mar ene 18 07:01:55 -0300 2011:
> Anssi Kääriäinen <anssi.kaariainen@thl.fi> writes:

> >> It used to work this way with \i, obviously.  Should the extension patch
> >> care about that and how?  Do we want to RESET search_path or to manually
> >> manage it like we do for the client_min_messages and log_min_messages?
> > It was unintuitive to me to have search_path changed by SQL command as a
> > side effect. When using \i, not so much.

If the CREATE EXTENSION stuff all works in a transaction, perhaps it
would be easier if you used SET LOCAL.  At the end of the transaction it
would reset to the original value automatically.