Re: Bug in pg_describe_object, patch v2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Karlsson
Subject Re: Bug in pg_describe_object, patch v2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> One other point here is that I find messages like this a mite
> unreadable:
>
> function 1 (oidvector[], oidvector[]) btoidvectorcmp(oidvector,oidvector) of operator family array_ops for access
methodgin

> If we were to go with this, I'd be strongly tempted to rearrange all
> four of the messages involved to put the operator or function name
> at the end, eg
>
> function 1 (oidvector[], oidvector[]) of operator family array_ops for access method gin:
btoidvectorcmp(oidvector,oidvector)

Yes, I agree with you that the second is much more readable with out
without the lefttype and righttype.

function 1 of operator family array_ops for access method gin: btoidvectorcmp(oidvector,oidvector)

is more readable in my opinion than,

function 1 btoidvectorcmp(oidvector,oidvector) of operator family array_ops for access method gin

Regards,
Andreas