Re: The Data Base System is in recovery mode - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: The Data Base System is in recovery mode
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se> writes:
> I have a problem with postgresl-7.0.2 on Freebsd 4-stable.

> query: declare curse cursor for select personid,foretag,fnamn,enamn,titel,telefon,mobil,email,tidpunkt,
lower(foretag)from wtabmaria order by lower(foretag)
> query: fetch forward 20 from curse
> Server process (pid 15342) exited with status 139 at Tue Oct 17 14:37:20 2000

Hm.  I couldn't duplicate this crash using
7.0.2-plus-some-7.0.3-patches.  However I don't recall any bug fixes for
cursors in the 7.0.* branch.  Could you provide a more complete bug
report, like the complete schema for the table?  Also, can you provide
a gdb traceback from the corefile that the crashing backend hopefully
left behind in the database subdirectory ($PGDATA/data/base/yourdb)?

            regards, tom lane