Re: BUG #17828: postgres_fdw leaks file descriptors on error and aborts aborted transaction in lack of fds - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17828: postgres_fdw leaks file descriptors on error and aborts aborted transaction in lack of fds
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> I agree that we can't just delay cleanup till, potentially, much later , but I
> don't think that means that we have to wait 30s for each connection,
> one-by-one.

While that behavior is theoretically possible, I've heard no field
complaints about it actually happening.  I don't think we should
move heaven and earth to prevent it, barring some evidence of it
being a real-world issue.

ISTM we do need to do something about this AcquireExternalFD failure
though, because that's just self-inflicted damage.  (And I think it's
likely new since we invented WaitEventSets, though perhaps I'm wrong
about that.)

            regards, tom lane