Re: Question on win32 semaphore simulation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Question on win32 semaphore simulation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
> Looking at the code, it looks fairly complex to me. I don't really know
> how sysv semaphores are supposed to work, or how we use them, but
> perhaps the whole piece of code can be simplified?

I'm not sure why the win32 port chose to emulate the SysV semaphore
interface anyway.  You could equally well have used the Posix interface
(src/backend/port/posix_sema.c).  Or, given Microsoft's NIH tendencies,
you might have needed to write a third implementation of the pg_sema.h
interface ... but it'd likely still be no larger than win32/sema.c ...