Re: Adding data from mysql to postgresql periodically - Mailing list pgsql-general

From franrtorres77
Subject Re: Adding data from mysql to postgresql periodically
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello again.

Well, the data that I want to import is some satellite coordinates saved in
mysql , the fields are X and Y and want to import them into a postgis table
for converting these coordinates to a normal latitude and longitude points
because in mysql are saved in Utm format.

I have foound an example for connecting to mysql using perl, but i would
prefer using a query in postgresql but I think it will be necessary firstly
create a linking connection with the mysql db. I did it with sql server but
in postgresql dont know how to do it.

The other way to do it, exporting the data to a csv file, would be an
acceptable solution, and also an easiest way to perform the operation.