Re: Error creating gin index on jsonb columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Error creating gin index on jsonb columns
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Glenn Zhu <gzhu@medallia.com> writes:
> Currently, after hitting the error, the indexes were still created but
> marked with status of "invalid"

That's just what CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY would do with any error.
(It might be worth checking whether a non-CONCURRENTLY build hits the
same error, though I'm betting it will.)

> If it's a bug, what information would be needed to trigger a bug fix?

A reproducible test case would move things along quite a bit; without that
we're just guessing.

> Is there a formal channel?

Well, you could move the thread to pgsql-bugs but you might as well
keep it where it is.