Re: [HACKERS] Old versions of Test::More - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Old versions of Test::More
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> As we discovered yesterday via jacana, very old versions of Test::More
> don't support the note() function. It therefore seems prudent to specify
> a minimum version number for the module in those scripts that use the
> function. According to the changelog, version 0.82 (released in Oct
> 2008) should be sufficient. So I suggest the attached patch.

Maybe it'd be better to put the minimum-version check somewhere central,
like PostgresNode.pm?  I suppose that our use of "note" will expand,
and I can't see us remembering to put this into all and only the specific
tests that use "note".  Especially if there's no comment about it.