Re: Error: missing chunk number ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Error: missing chunk number ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Neophytos Demetriou <k2pts@cytanet.com.cy> writes:
> # select * from rss_channels;
> ERROR:  missing chunk number 1 for toast value 797979

> If I try to delete the culprit row. I get:
> # delete from rss_channels where channel_id=116;
> ERROR:  simple_heap_delete: tuple already updated by self

Bizarre.  Evidently there's something broken about the TOAST data for
your table.  I am thinking that the toast table's index might be
corrupt, in which case you could probably recover by reindexing that
index.  But first it would be nice to see if we can figure out exactly
what happened --- is this the result of a software bug, or a hardware
glitch?  Would you be willing to let someone poke around in your
database, or perhaps if the DB is not too large, tar it all up to
send to someone for analysis?