Re: BUG #17062: Assert failed in RemoveRoleFromObjectPolicy() on DROP OWNED policy applied to duplicate role - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17062: Assert failed in RemoveRoleFromObjectPolicy() on DROP OWNED policy applied to duplicate role
Date
In response to Re: BUG #17062: Assert failed in RemoveRoleFromObjectPolicy() on DROP OWNED policy applied to duplicate role  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
List pgsql-bugs
> Could you just set the policy to be granted to "only the bootstrap
> superuser" in that case?  I mean as an implementation path for back
> branches; use NONE going forward.  That would make the policy allow
> nobody who can't already access the record, instead of falling back to
> PUBLIC -- which I agree seems suboptimal security-wise.

That doesn't seem like a great solution --- it would produce very
confusing output from pg_dump for instance.  In fact, I think it
breaks pg_dump for cases where the target DB has a different
bootstrap superuser name.

            regards, tom lane