BUG: PgAdminIII crashes when server closes the connection by idle time - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Jeferson Alberto Rodrigues
Subject BUG: PgAdminIII crashes when server closes the connection by idle time
Date
List pgadmin-support
1.10.2on Ubuntu Lucid Kernel 2.6.32-25, that was installed by apt-get.<br /> The server is running the version 8.3.8 of
PostgreSQL.<br/><br /> Here I will reproduce the steps, and the prerequisites are only the server configured to kill
idleconnections from clients after X time.<br /> 1) With PgAdminIII opened, and connected in the database, open the
QueryTool, to make custom queries. <br /> 2) Make one, execute, and leave PgAdmin in second plan (minimized, for
example)for more than the X time, and keep the window open.<br /> 3) After the idle time, return to the window of
customquery, make one more query and execute.<br /> 4) At this time, in the Output Pane, in the tab Messages will
appearwritten only "********** Error **********".<br /> 5) Rerun the same query.<br /> 6) PgAdminIII closes
connectionunexpectedly.<br />         This probably means the server terminated abnormally<br />         before or
theproblem, it would be interesting to test connectivity with the server before performing each query, and if  client
isdisconnected, reconnects to the database, then performs the query.<br /> Obviously this was only a hint, and it is up