Re: BUG: PgAdminIII crashes when server closes the connection by idle time - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: BUG: PgAdminIII crashes when server closes the connection by idle time
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Jeferson Alberto Rodrigues
<jefersonal@celepar.pr.gov.br> wrote:
> i guys,
>
> I would like do report an ancient bug on PgAdminIII.
>
> I'm using PgAdminIII 1.10.2 on Ubuntu Lucid Kernel 2.6.32-25, that was
> installed by apt-get.
> The server is running the version 8.3.8 of PostgreSQL.
>
> Here I will reproduce the steps, and the prerequisites are only the server
> configured to kill idle connections from clients after X time.
> 1) With PgAdminIII opened, and connected in the database, open the Query
> Tool, to make custom queries.
> 2) Make one, execute, and leave PgAdmin in second plan (minimized, for
> example) for more than the X time, and keep the window open.
> 3) After the idle time, return to the window of custom query, make one more
> query and execute.
> 4) At this time, in the Output Pane, in the tab Messages will appear written
> 5) Rerun the same query.
> 6) PgAdminIII closes immediately.

Please test in 1.12.0 - there were various changes to make the code
more robust in the event of a connection drop.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise Postgres Company