Re: What am I doing wrong in here? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: What am I doing wrong in here?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@gunduz.org> writes:
> And I get:
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "tdmalias_mid_seq" for
> "serial" column "tdmalias.mid"
> ERROR:  permission denied for schema pg_catalog

I can't replicate that here: I get

NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "tdmalias_mid_seq" for "serial" column "tdmalias.mid"
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "tdmalias_pkey" for table "tdmalias"
CREATE TABLE
tdmsoftmailserver=>

The nearby comments about needing to be superuser to create a user seem
to me to be well wide of the mark, since you'd have failed much earlier
than this in the script if that were the issue.

What do you get from "select * from pg_namespace" in the database where
this happens?
        regards, tom lane