Re: WIP: extensible enums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: WIP: extensible enums
Date
Re: WIP: extensible enums  ("Andrew Dunstan" <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Re: WIP: extensible enums  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Andrew Dunstan's message of lun ago 23 05:35:09 -0400 2010:

> To add a label at the end of the list, do:
>
>   ALTER TYPE myenum ADD 'newlabel';
>
> To add a label somewhere else, do:
>
>   ALTER TYPE myenum ADD 'newlabel' BEFORE 'existinglabel';
>
> or
>
>   ALTER TYPE myenum ADD 'newlabel' AFTER 'existinglabel';

What do you need AFTER for?  Seems to me that BEFORE should be enough.
(You already have the unadorned syntax for adding an item after the last
one, which is the corner case that BEFORE alone doesn't cover).