Re: BUG #5614: Varchar column (with DEFAULT NULL) stores 'UL' value instead of null - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Mariusz Majer
Subject Re: BUG #5614: Varchar column (with DEFAULT NULL) stores 'UL' value instead of null
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I am using postgresql-8.2-504.jdbc3.jar driver.

I altered table ecom2_orders using psql (not JDBC to exclude its influence):
ALTER TABLE ecom2_orders ALTER COLUMN net_source SET DEFAULT NULL;

Now when you enter command:
\d ecom2_orders
you got:
net_source                      | character varying(100)      | default
NULL::character varying
password_pdf                    | character varying(50)       |

in dump.txt result of execution query you provided
> select * from pg_attrdef where adrelid = 'ecom2_orders'::regclass;

When I add one row from psql:
- in net_source I got null value,
while adding new order from application using JDBC
- in net_source I got 'UL' value
...so in my opinion it might be issue with JDBC (maybe too old JDBC??).

http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n2636403/descr.txt descr.txt