Re: fulltext parser strange behave - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: fulltext parser strange behave
Date
Re: fulltext parser strange behave  (Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Well, the state machine definitely thinks that tag names should contain
>> only ASCII letters (with possibly a leading or trailing '/').  Given the
>> HTML examples I suppose we should allow non-first digits too.  Is there
>> anything else that should be considered a tag?  What about dash and
>> underscore for instance?

> The docs say we specifically accept HTML tags. Are we really just
> accepting anything that is a string of ASCII letters as the tag name?
> Then we should adjust the docs. <foo> and <foo1234> are not HTML tags.

I don't think I want to try to maintain a list of exactly which
identifiers are considered valid tag names ... and if I did, I wouldn't
put it into the parser.  It would be a dictionary's job to tell valid
from invalid tag names, no?