Re: UUID generation problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: UUID generation problem
Date
List pgsql-general
"James B. Byrne" <byrnejb@harte-lyne.ca> writes:
> I have a FreeBSD-12.1p10 system running postgreSQL-11.8. This is a test
> platform for Idempiere.  When creating a new client in Idempiere I get this
> error message:

> ** org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: function uuid_generate_v4() does
> not exist Hint: No function matches the given name and argument types. You
> might need to add explicit type casts. Where: PL/pgSQL function generate_uuid()
> line 3 at RETURN

> This usually means that the uuid-ossp extension is not active in the database.
> However, I previously installed this and psql shows that it is present:

The two likely possibilities are that Idempiere isn't connecting to the
same database as you are doing manually, or that it is using a search_path
setting that doesn't include the "public" schema.

I think you could also get this if the "public" schema is not readable
by Idempiere's userid, but that doesn't seem terribly likely.

            regards, tom lane