Re: multibyte charater set in levenshtein function - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: multibyte charater set in levenshtein function
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Alexander Korotkov's message of jue jul 22 03:21:57 -0400 2010:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 1:59 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ah, I see.  That's pretty compelling, I guess.  Although it still
> > seems like a lot of code...
> >
> I think there is a way to merge single-byte and multi-byte versions of
> functions without loss in performance using macros and includes (like in
> 'backend/utils/adt/like.c'). Do you think it is acceptable in this case?

Using the trick of a single source file similar to like_match.c that
implements all the different behaviors, and include that file more than
once with different macro definitions, is probably a good idea.