Re: rename of a view - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: rename of a view
Date
List pgsql-docs
Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler@timbira.com> writes:
> I didn't test your patch, but I think we could disallow ALTER TABLE to
> rename sequence and view

There is exactly 0 chance of that happening, because it's always worked
historically.

Personally I don't see a lot of value in this patch at all, but maybe
it is small enough to be justifiable.  I am not sure it is complete
however, in the sense of touching everyplace that should be touched,
especially documentation-wise?  I mean, its only excuse to live is
that "I expected to find this functionality under $foo", and so I'm
wondering how many values of $foo there are.

            regards, tom lane