Re: Sqldf - error message - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Marvelde, Luc te
Subject Re: Sqldf - error message
Date
List pgsql-sql
Nothing is wrong with the data... Everything is there in the dataframe. All the names are case sensitive, but the way
itis spelled is correct.... So that cant be the problem

Luc

-----Original Message-----
From: Pavel Stehule [mailto:pavel.stehule@gmail.com]
Sent: vrijdag 20 november 2009 15:38
To: Marvelde, Luc te
Cc: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Sqldf - error message

Hello

2009/11/20 Marvelde, Luc te <L.teMarvelde@nioo.knaw.nl>:
> Hi All!
>
> I just discovered sqldf and im very enthousiastic, as I am a big fan
> of R and I often get frustrated using Access for datamanagement.
>
> I tried running some queries from Access in R, and it works very well.
> However, I have problems with some queries.
>
> If I run this SQL query:
>
>> sqldf("SELECT
> + dbo_tbl_Terrein.RingCentraleNaam,
> + dbo_tbl_Broedsels.BroedselID
> + FROM ((dbo_tbl_BroedselLocatie
> + INNER JOIN dbo_tbl_Broedsels ON dbo_tbl_BroedselLocatie.BroedselID =
> dbo_tbl_Broedsels.BroedselID)
> + INNER JOIN dbo_tbl_Nestkasten ON dbo_tbl_BroedselLocatie.NestkastID
> + =
> dbo_tbl_Nestkasten.NestkastID)
> + INNER JOIN dbo_tbl_Terrein ON dbo_tbl_Nestkasten.TerreinNummer =
> dbo_tbl_Terrein.TerreinNummer
> + WHERE (((dbo_tbl_Terrein.RingCentraleNaam)='Oosterhout a/d
> + Waal'));")
>
> I get the following message:
>
> Error in sqliteExecStatement(con, statement, bind.data) :
>   RS-DBI driver: (error in statement: no such column:
> dbo_tbl_Broedsels.BroedselID)
>
> ( I also tried removing the 'dbo_tbl_'  part of the dataframe names,
> but still the same problem occurred)

I thing, you have a problem with data. Probably some creating script was broken or some similar. The message is clean.
Yourdatabase has not column BroedselID. Recheck your query, please. Im not sure - maybe SQLite identifiers are case
sensitive.Maybe are defined as case sensitive.

Regards
Pavel Stehule