Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache

From: Alvaro Herrera
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Chris Browne, )
 Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Steve Wampler, )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Craig James, )
 Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  ("", )
 Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Chris Browne, )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Jaime Casanova, )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  ("", )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Mark Kirkwood, )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  ("Pierre C", )
   Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Jonathan Gardner, )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  ("Pierre C", )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Greg Smith, )
   Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  ("Pierre C", )
    Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Jonathan Gardner, )
     Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  ("Pierre C", )
   Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Jonathan Gardner, )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Alvaro Herrera, )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Jonathan Gardner, )
    Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Balkrishna Sharma, )
   Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Craig James, )

Excerpts from 's message of mié jun 16 02:30:30 -0400 2010:

> NOTE: If I do one giant commit instead of lots of littler ones, I get
> much better speeds for the slower cases, but I never exceed 5,500
> which appears to be some kind of wall I can't break through.
>
> If there's anything else I should tinker with, I'm all ears.

increase wal_buffers?

--
Álvaro Herrera <>