Re: [HACKERS] Open Items (was: RE: [HACKERS] Beta going well) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Open Items (was: RE: [HACKERS] Beta going well)
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA@spardat.at> writes:
> Well the absolute correct solution would involve all of:
> int8, int16, int32, int64 and separately uint8, uint16, uint32, uint64

I agree that that's probably overkill.  I'm prepared to assume that
anything defining int8 defines int16 and int32 as well --- but int64
is just new enough that I don't want to make that extrapolation.

> The previous patch grouped:
> int8, int16 and int32
> uint8, uint16 and uint32
> int64 and uint64  <-- this grouping is wrong on AIX 4.3.3 and below

Okay, int64 and uint64 must be tested for separately then.

> If you prefer to make 4 groups out of this you could apply this patch.

This form of the patch looks reasonable to me.

            regards, tom lane