Re: Extending Regular Expression bounds limit of 255. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From alvherre
Subject Re: Extending Regular Expression bounds limit of 255.
Date
List pgsql-sql
Excerpts from Brent DeSpain's message of jue may 27 18:55:55 -0400 2010:
> It looks like most of our tools are using the Perl version of regular
> expressions with an upper limit of a bound being 32766.  Is there any way to
> change this in PG?  Or can I change from POSIX to Perl?

See regcomp.c; you'll have to recompile.  The interesting constant is
DUPMAX (defined in regguts.h as per POSIX), but note that there's
arithmetic in repeat() with those values.  I wouldn't recommend doing
any of this unless you have time to figure out whether the algorithms
are efficient for larger values though.