Views permessions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From salah jubeh
List pgsql-general
Hello Guys,

There is a problem confusing me. I have two views 'VIEW1' and 'VIEW2'

1. VIEW2 depends on VIEW1
2. VIEW2 and VIEW1 have the exact permissions
3. I can execute  SELECT * from VIEW1 ; without problem
4. When I execute  SELECT * from VIEW2; I get

ERROR:  permission denied for relation VIEW1

ERROR: permission denied for relation VIEW1
SQL state: 42501

5. The owner of the views is not me, But I am a super user
6. The Database version is 8.3

What is wrong here and how can I trace the problem, I checked the views permissions many times (i did that manually based on the view def.). Also, Which system catalog maps the permissions and the roles

Regards