Re: Links to previous and future versions of documentation - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Links to previous and future versions of documentation
Date
List pgsql-www
On tis, 2010-05-18 at 17:30 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> We can easily auto-generate links *if the filename stays the same*.

That's exactly what this feature should do, IMO.  At least you could
easily navigate between different versions of the reference pages for
SQL commands and command-line tools, for example.

> It
> often doesn't. As an example, 9.0 has 32 pages that don't exist in
> 8.4, and 8.4 has 9 pages that don't exist in 9.0. The same comparison
> earlier shows for example that 8.0 has 10 pages that aren't in 8.1,
> and 8.1 has 74 pages that aren't in 8.0.

Out of 1021 pages I count in 9.0, that's pretty good I'd say.