Re: Unable to locate type name '? in catalog ERROR - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Unable to locate type name '? in catalog ERROR
Date
List pgsql-novice
Joel Rodrigues <borgempath@Phreaker.net> writes:
> Anyone know why trying to create this column :
> "gender    CHAR(1)      CHECK (gender IN ('M','F'))"
> Results in this error:

> ERROR:  Unable to locate type name '? in catalog

Works for me.  You might try turning on query logging and looking
in the postmaster log to see what query is really getting received
by the backend.  I suspect something is helpfully trying to translate
your query text :-(.  It might or might not be relevant that all the
spaces in your example showed up as \240 here...

            regards, tom lane