Re: make install fails due to "/bin/mkdir: missing operand" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: make install fails due to "/bin/mkdir: missing operand"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On mån, 2010-05-10 at 11:40 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Excerpts from Kenichiro Tanaka's message of lun may 10 07:07:27 -0400 2010:
>
> > Reproduce case:
> > #prefix and with-pgport are not important
> > ./configure --enable-nls='UFT_JP' --prefix=/home/p900/posgrehome
> > --with-pgport=1900
> > make && make install
>
> I think this is pilot error, in the sense that it doesn't fail if you
> don't pass an invalid language name.  Maybe the bug is that we allow
> --enable-nls to pass down junk down to the install Makefile, instead of
> erroring out right there.

The language name in his example is obviously wrong, but in general this
case if valid.  Even if you use something "correct" like
--enable-nls='de es fr', but one subdirectory doesn't have any of those,
the mkdir call would fail.