Re: bool: symbol name collision - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: bool: symbol name collision
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On mån, 2010-05-10 at 15:55 +0000, Bryan Henderson wrote:

> >Something one can download and compile.
>
> That wouldn't be worth anyone's effort, since the problem is esaily
> enough elucidated with a few words of explanation.  I.e. I'm sure you
> can imagine writing a program that would demonstrate the problem of
> two header files that both typedef "bool".

Sure I can fabricate code that fails, but that wouldn't necessarily be
worth fixing, because it's fabricated and doesn't address anyone's real
problems.

We could try to make this work, but we're probably not going to rename
our bool type, so we'll have to work out some reasonable workaround.
But that's hard to do without having some practical example to work
with.