Re: Native DB replication for PG - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Re: Native DB replication for PG
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 2010-05-01 at 02:59 -0400, Greg Smith wrote:
> FYI, since December of 2009 (release of 8.4.2) there have been 10 bugs
> fixed with the word "crash" in their description, as well as 7 memory
> leaks that could potentially lead to crash.  Even six months ago I was
> still hesitant to push 8.4 toward production systems; the number of
> bugs shaken out in the last two releases has been substantial.

FWIW, we are using 8.4.3 under heavy (thousands of transactions per
second) update+delete load (as compared to inserts), and new FSM helped
us a lot -- also it did not crash even for a second. We got rid of all
performance related issues after switching from 8.3 to 8.4.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org

Attachment