Re: ERROR: relation "pg_catalog.pg_user" does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ERROR: relation "pg_catalog.pg_user" does not exist
Date
List pgsql-bugs
guru@ap.nic.in writes:
> we have installed Linux advanced server-4 and the postgres-7.4.6.
> when we execute \d command following error is displaying
> ERROR:  relation "pg_catalog.pg_user" does not exist

I don't know what "Linux advanced server-4" means, but if it's RHEL4
and you've got SELinux enabled, this is a known problem with early
releases of the SELinux policy for Postgres --- some steps of the
initdb process fail due to permissions problems, leaving you with
missing system views and such.  Get a more recent release.  You
*definitely* need something more recent than 7.4.6 as far as Postgres
itself is concerned; we're up to 7.4.16 in that branch, not to mention
that 7.4.anything is old...

            regards, tom lane