Re: [GENERAL] Re: [GENERAL] postgreSQL multithreading - Mailing list pgsql-general

From postgre@seznam.cz
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Re: [GENERAL] postgreSQL multithreading
Date
List pgsql-general
A. Kretschmer <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com> wrote:

> Maybe a solution.
>
> Please, learn to quote.

Sorry for the quoting. I guess this probably won't be OK too :-)

Strange thing about this is that there is no simple way to use
more CPUs for one function. It can be done with external functions
but why there is nothing similar for internal functions? There is
probably no need for such solution on systems with many
users who will allocate new process for each connection,
but in my case where only few users will work with the db
server, the CPUs are unused.

Well I hope I will succeed with those C functions.

Lukas Houf