Re: extended operator classes vs. type interfaces - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: extended operator classes vs. type interfaces
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2010-04-09 at 11:14 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> > range of integers with increment y, if x<>y? Maybe the increment step and
> > continuous/discrete could be typmods.
>
> Nope, not enough bits available there.

I think the problem is deeper than that. Typmods aren't carried along as
part of the result of a function call, so typmod is not really a part of
the type at all -- it's more a property of the column.

Regards,Jeff Davis