Re: PATCH: use foreign keys to improve join estimates v1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: PATCH: use foreign keys to improve join estimates v1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 04/07/2016 01:23 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 7 April 2016 at 00:15, Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com
> <mailto:tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com>> wrote:
>

>     Right. Fixed.
>

> 0001 committed. I added comments and a fastpath when no triggers are
> present.
>

> For 0002, I would be more comfortable adding
>    enable_fk_plans = on (true) | off
>
> even if we decided to remove that parameter that before release.

Attached is 0002 with the GUC added. I certainly believe we should think
twice before keeping the GUC in the final release - it's definitely
useful for testing etc. but I'm afraid it'd be just another tuning knob
for regular users.

regards

Attachment