Re: What datatype should I use to store an IP Address? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Re: What datatype should I use to store an IP Address?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 11:28 +0100, Michał Pawlikowski wrote:
> > I'm using Varchar(16) to store an IP Address. PostgreSQL offers
> > another datatypes to store IP's or it is OK to store in Varchar(16)?
> >
> Yes, just look here:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/datatype-net-types.html

Alternatively, you can use ip4r:

 http://pgfoundry.org/projects/ip4r

"ip4 and ip4r are types that contain a single IPv4 address and a range
of IPv4 addresses respectively. They can be used as a more flexible,
indexable version of the cidr type."

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ