Re: Problem with return type of function ??? (corrected) - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with return type of function ??? (corrected)
Date
List pgsql-sql
Denis BUCHER <dbucherml@hsolutions.ch> writes:
> To do this it will be a little complicated because of table
> dependencies... And it could bug again at the next DROP COLUMN... Is
> there a way to change my function (RETURN SETOF part) to specify the
> column names/types ?

No, not really.  You could maybe un-drop the columns with some manual
surgery on pg_attribute, but it doesn't seem like that's going to lead
to a nice solution.

If you were really desperate you could try back-porting the patch:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2009-08/msg00068.php
but I wouldn't want to vouch for its safety, considering it hasn't
been through a beta test cycle yet.
        regards, tom lane