Re: Querying the same column and table across schemas - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From John A. Sullivan III
Subject Re: Querying the same column and table across schemas
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 14:13 -0800, Bob Lunney wrote:

> [...]
centraladmin schema's session table?  The function could belong to the admin role and run with definer's security.

> Bob

That sounds ideal and perhaps lower overhead than rerunning the view
build query every time I query the view but, being a database ignoramus,
it is quite beyond my skills :-(  If I can scrape up the time, I'll do
some research on triggers and functions.  I have used functions before
but never triggers.  Thanks - John