Re: code example for PQgetCopyData - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: code example for PQgetCopyData
Date
List pgsql-general
Dave Huber <DHuber@letourneautechnologies.com> writes:
> Does anybody have a snippet where they use PQgetCopyData? I must be calling it wrong as it keep crashing my program.
I'veattached my code below. I am writing this for a Code Interface Node in LabVIEW.

One thing you're missing is that you should check that the result from
the PQexec actually shows successful entry into COPY_OUT state.
But I think the crash is because you're confused about the indirection
level.  buffer should be char *, not char **, and the argument ought to
be &buffer so that the function can assign to buffer.

            regards, tom lane