Re: How can I quit this: "Unique " to my table? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: How can I quit this: "Unique " to my table?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Ian Barwick <barwick@gmx.net> writes:
> On Tuesday 01 April 2003 21:26, Achilleus Mantzios wrote:
>> drop index b_prestamo_no_inventa_idx;

> ALTER TABLE b_prestamo DROP CONSTRAINT b_prestamo_no_inventa_key ??

The correct answer is "one or the other depending on which PG version
he's running" ;-).  Before 7.3, drop the index; as of 7.3 you're
supposed to drop the constraint instead.  (No harm in trying the wrong
one, it just won't let you do it.)

Looking at the output of psql's "\d b_prestamo" would be a good idea to
verify the spelling of the index and/or constraint name.
        regards, tom lane