Re: [HACKERS] tables > 1 gig - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] tables > 1 gig
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Would it be possible to make BLCKSZ and/or RELSEG_SIZE (the latter
> perhaps the most important, and perhaps the easiest?) a configurable
> parameter which is read out of a global variable for each database?

Doable, perhaps, but I'm not quite sure why it's worth the trouble...
there doesn't seem to be that much value in running different DBs with
different values inside a single installation.  Tweaking BLCKSZ, in
particular, will become fairly uninteresting once we solve the tuples-
bigger-than-a-block problem.