Re: Question: Who's Using Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Neal Lindsay
Subject Re: Question: Who's Using Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
[snip]
> I am not trying to start a ruckus or a flamewar, but I would like to
> know  who's using Postgres out there.
[snap]

<ruckus>

We use it at the small consulting company I work for to track time billed to
jobs.  The current front end is in Access97 with the backend in PG 7.1.3 (7
tables).  I developed it partway in 100% Access and transferred my tables to
a PG backend before I deployed it.  Tastes great, less filling.  Never had a
stability problem.  I am currently working on a more feature-full version
with PG 7.2 on the back and PHP web forms on the front (25+ tables).  Access
(+ VBA) is like a lot of Microsoft products: they make easy things easy and
slightly hard things darn near impossible.  I like a lot of abstraction on
top of my DB, so Access wasn't cutting it.  If the way you store it very
similar to the way you see it though (and you don't mind the licensing)
Access is pretty nice.  Not for the backend though.  You (and probably
everybody else here) already know, but it bears repeating:  Access is not a
good multi-user database backend.

</ruckus>

Neal Lindsay