Re: *** QUESTION *** After successful 'BEGIN;' command -- why PGSQL_TRANSACTION_ACTIVE and not PGSQL_TRANSACTION_INTRANS? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Petrie, P.Eng.
Subject Re: *** QUESTION *** After successful 'BEGIN;' command -- why PGSQL_TRANSACTION_ACTIVE and not PGSQL_TRANSACTION_INTRANS?
Date
In response to Re: *** QUESTION *** After successful 'BEGIN;' command -- why PGSQL_TRANSACTION_ACTIVE and not PGSQL_TRANSACTION_INTRANS?  ("Daniel Verite" <daniel@manitou-mail.org>)
Responses Re: *** QUESTION *** After successful 'BEGIN;' command -- why PGSQL_TRANSACTION_ACTIVE and not PGSQL_TRANSACTION_INTRANS?  (Gavin Flower <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz>)
List pgsql-general
Hello Daniel,

Thanks for your response.

Ahhh -- so after a successful query, the PHP program must keep executing
pg_get_result($cnx) until a NULL result is obtained !!

And ONLY THEN does transaction status transition from
PGSQL_TRANSACTION_ACTIVE to PGSQL_TRANSACTION_INTRANS.

OK -- makes sense to me -- I will change the code accordingly.

* * *
* * *

BTW -- this PostgreSQL newbie (bye bye mysql) is getting a nice warm fuzzy
feeling, about PostgreSQL and its amazingly helpful community :)

Best,

Steve

* * *

Steve Petrie, P.Eng.