Re: *** QUESTION *** After successful 'BEGIN;' command -- why PGSQL_TRANSACTION_ACTIVE and not PGSQL_TRANSACTION_INTRANS? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gavin Flower
Subject Re: *** QUESTION *** After successful 'BEGIN;' command -- why PGSQL_TRANSACTION_ACTIVE and not PGSQL_TRANSACTION_INTRANS?
Date
In response to Re: *** QUESTION *** After successful 'BEGIN;' command -- why PGSQL_TRANSACTION_ACTIVE and not PGSQL_TRANSACTION_INTRANS?  ("Steve Petrie, P.Eng." <apetrie@aspetrie.net>)
List pgsql-general
On 12/10/15 22:52, Steve Petrie, P.Eng. wrote:
[...]
> BTW -- this PostgreSQL newbie (bye bye mysql) is getting a nice warm
> fuzzy feeling, about PostgreSQL and its amazingly helpful community :)
[...]

I can attempt to remedy your 'nice warm fuzzy feeling'!  :-)

More seriously:
(1) why did you consider PostgreSQL?
(2) what made you change?
(3) for you, in your situation:  how is the ease of use & functionality
of PostgreSQL compared to MySQL?

Probably best to start a new thread in pgsql-advocacy for your answers -
I'm sure many people would be interested in what you have to say!

Cheers,
Gavin