Re: parallel regression test output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: parallel regression test output
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On sön, 2010-01-17 at 23:54 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> I always assumed that it was printing the names as the tests finished,
> probably because of the way the output is staggered.  If they were
> printed when the tests were started, the list would be printed all but
> simultaneously.

Well, as long as someone expects it to be that way, then I guess that'd
be OK.  I am concerned about an inconsistency with the serial tests that
go

test foo ... <pause>ok

whereas with the parallel tests don't give any indication what test has
started.