Re: PL/php in pg_pltemplate - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: PL/php in pg_pltemplate
Date
Re: PL/php in pg_pltemplate  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake said:

>> The build order would be:
>>
>> 1. postgresql
>> 2. php
>> 3. plphp
>>
>> There is not circular build dependency there.
>
> Not only that, plphp does not require the building of php. It can link
> directly to the .so file :)

This makes no sense. Where do you get the .so file and the headers you will
undoubtedly also need?

Also, having to put php in the middle of this sequence is ugly, to say the
least.

I'll be curious to see how we are going to have to manage a build system
like this with buildfarm - it sounds like it will make life more
complicated, but maybe it will work. Certainly it will make us have to use
more conditional logic.

cheers

andrew