Re: Rule updates and PQcmdstatus() issue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Steve Howe
Subject Re: Rule updates and PQcmdstatus() issue
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Bruce,

BM> I am not any happier about it than you are.  Your report is good because
BM> it is the first case where returning the wrong value actually breaks
BM> software.  You may be able to justify adding a fix during beta by saying
BM> it is a bug fix.
Actually I think it must have happened with someone else, but they
must have quit using rules or something...
Actually I can't ensure security in the system without rules.

BM> Of course, someone is going to have to generate a patch and champion the
BM> cause.  This stuff doesn't happen by magic.
I understand your point. I just was hoping to see more concern about
the issue by the developers... but that's been broken for months.

Unhappily I can't do it myself because it would take weeks to get
familiar with the inners of PostgreSQL...

Let's hope someone realize how serious is this and make a fix.

Thanks again...
Best regards,Steve Howe                           mailto:howe@carcass.dhs.org