Re: Use a blob or not? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Use a blob or not?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 09:07 -0800, Daniel wrote:
> I want ot store chunks of data (only about five Kb each) on a database
> and have users download (across a network) these chunks to their local
> disk drive. Is a blob a good way to store these chunks?

Well we don't have "blob". We have bytea and lo (which is bytea with a
different delivery and storage mechanism).

5k chunks is pretty small, bytea is probably fine.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
If the world pushes look it in the eye and GRR. Then push back harder. - Salamander