Re: [GENERAL] WARNING: could not remove database directory - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] WARNING: could not remove database directory
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> It's certainly not realistic to pass back enough information from
>> rmtree() to let the caller print a useful error message, so I think
>> we have to add reporting code along this line to rmtree().

> Agreed.  Not sure how the rmtree stuff was removed.  I will look into
> re-adding it, I assume for 8.1 only not 8.0.X?

I'd put it into 8.0 as well.  The only reason not to is that the strings
won't be translated (unless the translators add them later) ... but an
untranslated message is still tons better than no message at all.

Speaking of untranslated, the fprintf(stderr) calls in the other
routines are missing the gettext() invocations they need to have to be
translatable, so they have problems already.