Re: Typed tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Typed tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On tor, 2009-11-05 at 11:41 -0700, James Pye wrote:
> Any plans to allow the specification of multiple types to define the
> table?
>
>    "CREATE TABLE employee OF employee_data_type, persons_data_type;"

Not really, but it does open up interesting possibilities, if we just
allow composite types to participate in inheritance relationships.
Think abstract base class.  That's pretty much the idea.  Come to think
of it, that's how the SQL standard defined inheritance.  Sounds
interesting.  And might actually be simpler to implement.