Re: building pg 8.0.1 with gcc-4.0.1: MemSet problems on SPARC? - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: building pg 8.0.1 with gcc-4.0.1: MemSet problems on SPARC?
Date
List pgsql-ports
Andrew Morrow <andrew.c.morrow@gmail.com> writes:
> I recently tried building postgres 8.0.1 on a Solaris 2.9 SPARC
> machine, using gcc-4.0.1. CFLAGS was set to pass -O2.
> I am no language laywer, so I don't know for certain what is going on
> here, but it does seem to be that one of the following must be true:
> 1) There is something illegal/undefined about the address argument to
> memset in the original version, due to the int32 * and char * casts.

I've patched MemSet() in all supported branches (back to 7.2) per this
report.

Are you interested in adding this machine to the PG buildfarm?
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/index.html
Machines with out-of-the-ordinary compiler properties are especially
interesting candidates for buildfarm testing ...

            regards, tom lane